Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Cheers!

This may seem somewhat anticlimactic...but in Dylan's world there is no such thing.  Just check out what my little Dylan was doing tonight...


I know, right!?!  I was so thrilled.  He figured out how to drink out of a straw about a week ago, which was so wonderful because it was the first time he had been able to drink anything besides nursing.  Prior to figuring out the straw, he hated any type of sippy cup or bottle, and would quickly spit out any liquid that hit his tongue.  He still nurses regularly, but I was worried he would start getting dehydrated if he didn't learn to drink water soon.  All it took was the right cup, and he figured out the straw, no problem!  And, in true Dylan form, he gets SO flippin' excited when drinks water now!  Next challenge was teaching him to like milk, which I was hoping he would take to quickly because its a great way to get some good fat and calories into this little guy.  The first few days of trying he was less than impressed, and ended up covered in milk from spitting out any that made it into his mouth.  But this morning...again all it took was the right cup and all of the sudden he LOVED milk!  I'm talking feet kicking, arms flapping up and down, squeals of delight loved it!  The enthusiasm coming from this kid is so contagious!

And tonight, he grabbed the cup between his two little hands, brought it to his mouth like a pro, and gulped down that milk like he had been drinking independently his whole life.  He was in his highchair having a snack while he watched me get dinner ready, and I had left the cup on his tray.  So imagine my surprise to look over and see this!  I have to admit...it made this mama a bit emotional.  He just looked so grown up drinking from a cup all by himself like that.
 

It's all the little things that make me smile with this guy!


Look Mom...no hands!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Cheers Dylan!! :) hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics are adorable, and he does look SO big. You guys are doing a great job together - - almost like you were divinely paired or something :) congrats- this is a really cool milestone and I love how pleased he looks with himself.

    ReplyDelete